Index  •   DF Generator  •   MQ Generator  •    

It is currently Tue Sep 19, 2017 18:08 pm

Sorry for the downtime.. 
 Post subject: Sorry for the downtime..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 17:38 pm 
Site Admin

You are probably wondering... WTF happened.

Sorry for the huge downtime, forum is now back up, Im looking to hire more stuff, and really basically get the community here active again! We can do it guys!

Post subject: Re: Sorry for the downtime..
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 17:40 pm 

Will there be a post regarding possible staff applications?

My Steam Profile

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 17:40 pm 
Site Admin

Van Saryu wrote:
Will there be a post regarding possible staff applications?

Yeah will most likely post it soon!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:42 am 

If you need someone that does PHP coding, then I can certainly be of use.

My projects: https://github.com/KimChoJapFan?tab=repositories

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:35 am 

to get community active you need to release ac hack for aqw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:59 am 

african wrote:

What I'm doing right now is taking the MentalBlank server files for Dragonfable and updating the code to be more secure and I'll be sharing my portable webserver content which includes the following:

- Nginx 1.13.5 (x64)
- MariaDB 10.2 (I think 10.2.7 but it could be 10.2.8)
- PHP 7.2.0RC1 (This is useful because we can test the Argon2i hashing algorithm which should be quicker and as effective as bcrypt)
- PHPMyAdmin 4.7.4

Plus I'll include an Nginx blocklist for VPNs/Proxies/TOR to prevent users from running unwanted security auditing software and I'll include a mandatory captcha that will toggle if a session value isn't set to '1' or some proprietary value so that it can block scraper scripts and the scraper scripts in case the VPN/Proxy/TOR blocker stops functioning (new addresses or new ASNs for VPN connections)

Not to forget that I'll even include a proper admin panel, anti-cheat measures, improved SWF gatherer, SWF error checking (so broken areas and quests can be found in the admin control panel), and make the following security changes:

- Enforce prepared statements for all queries (no query left unchecked, no statement left unprepared, no point of SQL injection to be found)
- Enforce PDO for database connections (no more SQL or SQLi, everything will now be PDO)
- Enforce htmlspecialchars for user inputs and comments (no XSS vulnerabilities to be seen on this remix)

And I might as well embed a forum with this release for extra credit (It'll likely be a modified version of MyBB).

Here's what will be included:

- A proper class system for object-oriented programming style.
- An improvement for site design (I may implement GrapesJS for easy click-and-drag WYSIWYG template modifications)
- A shelled out variant for those wanting to convert it over to work with other types of private server contents.
- An improvement to site loading by making some of the more bandwidth intensive content load onmouseover (such as advertisements)
- Some SEO-friendly additions for those wanting to be seen by search engines.
- An easy PayPal integration script that can make it easier to receive donations and payments for premium services and/or in-game items.
- Much more that may come to my mind as I'm developing this site update.

Sorry for the long response.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 15:14 pm 

KimChoJapFan wrote:
african wrote:

What I'm doing right now is taking the MentalBlank server files for Dragonfable and updating the code to be more secure and I'll be sharing my portable webserver content which includes the following:

- Nginx 1.13.5 (x64)
- MariaDB 10.2 (I think 10.2.7 but it could be 10.2.8)
- PHP 7.2.0RC1 (This is useful because we can test the Argon2i hashing algorithm which should be quicker and as effective as bcrypt)
- PHPMyAdmin 4.7.4

Plus I'll include an Nginx blocklist for VPNs/Proxies/TOR to prevent users from running unwanted security auditing software and I'll include a mandatory captcha that will toggle if a session value isn't set to '1' or some proprietary value so that it can block scraper scripts and the scraper scripts in case the VPN/Proxy/TOR blocker stops functioning (new addresses or new ASNs for VPN connections)

Not to forget that I'll even include a proper admin panel, anti-cheat measures, improved SWF gatherer, SWF error checking (so broken areas and quests can be found in the admin control panel), and make the following security changes:

- Enforce prepared statements for all queries (no query left unchecked, no statement left unprepared, no point of SQL injection to be found)
- Enforce PDO for database connections (no more SQL or SQLi, everything will now be PDO)
- Enforce htmlspecialchars for user inputs and comments (no XSS vulnerabilities to be seen on this remix)

And I might as well embed a forum with this release for extra credit (It'll likely be a modified version of MyBB).

Here's what will be included:

- A proper class system for object-oriented programming style.
- An improvement for site design (I may implement GrapesJS for easy click-and-drag WYSIWYG template modifications)
- A shelled out variant for those wanting to convert it over to work with other types of private server contents.
- An improvement to site loading by making some of the more bandwidth intensive content load onmouseover (such as advertisements)
- Some SEO-friendly additions for those wanting to be seen by search engines.
- An easy PayPal integration script that can make it easier to receive donations and payments for premium services and/or in-game items.
- Much more that may come to my mind as I'm developing this site update.

Sorry for the long response.

Lol what? "yum install -y nginx mariadb-server phpmyadmin php56-fpm" covers literally half of your post. Everything you said above is already pre-built in.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 17:04 pm 

Drakius wrote:
Lol what? "yum install -y nginx mariadb-server phpmyadmin php56-fpm" covers literally half of your post. Everything you said above is already pre-built in.

That's good for those running Linux, but the server package I wrote is for those on Windows systems.

Now you have to make sure you're installing nginx 1.13.5 and not 1.12.1 which has a known integer overflow vulnerability: http://www.cvedetails.com/cve/CVE-2017-7529/

Plus you must install PHP 7.2.0+ if you're wanting to make use of the Argon2i hashing function. I still recommend installing PHP 7.0+ because the server package I'm writing won't accept password hashes hashed in anything less than bcrypt.

Now PHP 5.6 may have bcrypt support (I haven't checked since I haven't operated with PHP 5.6 in over a year) but that's not really the important bit.

The Cent OS commands you'll be wanting to use for the server package I'm running is:
~ yum -y install gcc gcc-c++ make zlib-devel pcre-devel openssl-devel mariadb-server phpmyadmin
~ curl -o nginx-1.13.5.tar.gz http://nginx.org/download/nginx-1.13.5.tar.gz
~ tar -xvf nginx-1.13.5.tar.gz
~ cd nginx-1.13.5
~ ./configure
~ make
~ sudo make install
~ rpm -Uvh https://dl.fedoraproject.org/pub/epel/e ... noarch.rpm
~ rpm -Uvh https://mirror.webtatic.com/yum/el7/web ... elease.rpm
~ yum install php72w-fpm php72w-opcache --enablerepo=webtatic-testing

Those are the commands that would get you to about the same outcome as my Windows server package.